10 Tips for Planning High School Senior Photography:
1. The best bargains are found early in the Spring and Summer.
You should consider packages that provide quality prints, not
just digital images that can be lost, destroyed or become
obsolete in the years ahead.
2. Think about who you are and how you can best express that in
your photography. Work with your photographer on what will
3. This is an important time in your life and you will look back on
these senior images in the years to come. It may be a little
more investment, but look for a quality photographer that can
really give you what you will be happy with. Do they have a
way of providing you with more of the images of your session
than just your top picks, so you can enjoy what you have
4. It is very important to choose a photographer that will
guarantee that you will be thrilled with your portraits. It can
mean the difference between being happy or sorely
5. This photography is about you, so don't go with a
photographer that just makes it about what they want to do.
6. Decide if you want all of your photographs outdoors, in studio
or some of both. Make sure your photographer has the
facilities to meet your needs.
7. Take a close look at the quality of work your prospective
photographer does. Look at their experience and
qualifications. Many people bill themselves as photographers
that have little training and experience. It is not the camera
that takes amazing photographs, it is the photographer that
knows how to use it.
8. Choose someone that is not intimidating, but helps you feel
relaxed and let's you be yourself. That is when you will get
the best images of the real you.
9. This an important time in life to also have a family portrait
done, as family dynamics are about to change and this
window of opportunity will soon be gone to capture the family
as it is now. Some photographers offer free family sessions
or special offers as part of their senior program. Be sure to
10. Think about what is most important to you in your senior
photography and choose a photographer that can provide
that for you. This is an investment that you won't regret if you
consider these points and make good choices.